Monday, October 25, 2010

The Groove

So life is finally getting back into it's familiar groove today. Waking up at 7 to my little monster's scrunched up face; being called out of dreamland by that "where's my boob at?!" cry. Joshua's new thing is that when he wakes up and cries if I don't come running right away he kicks his blankets up over his face, gets stuck, and then starts screaming bloody murder because he can't see anything LOL. Days consisting of snuggling warm little bodies and playtime on the floor, mixed with scrubbing dishes & counters we were too lazy to clean on our off-day (Sunday). I've been having a blast with play-time; I get down on the floor with him and giggle together for a while. We also read a few books today. He does the cutest thing, if you gently blow in his face his eyes get wide and he scrunches up his nose and gasps, then laughs. I've also discovered that he is quite ticklish, if I rub my nose back and forth across his belly he giggles like crazy!

We went and spent part of our day with Grandma on Saturday which was a nice treat for both Joshua & Grandma lol.

Yesterday I attempted to make Chili (my first try) and I really liked how it came out, Erik (who requested it) said it was "a good one-alarm chili" which I understand to mean on the mild side (my intention all along as I don't want to pass on anything too hot through the breastmilk!).
Tonight we had pork-chops (breaded in the oven) with mashed potatoes (from scratch) with home-made gravy. Yum.

Joshua is teething like crazy. Driving me nuts. He isn't eating too well. When he nurses he makes these little whimpering sounds it makes me want to cry. So I snuck about a teaspoon of applesauce into his rice-cereal this afternoon and chilled it in the fridge (right along with the spoon) before feeding it to him.. he gave me a big grin when the first spoonful of cold apple-rice hit his tongue and he devoured the whole little bowlful.

Goodness I suck...
I am in a minor amount of pain today; about 2 weeks ago I noticed (basically) a bump on my leg. I thought it was a pimple, applied some alcohol to dry it out and covered it in gauze so it would stay clean and not rub anything. Since it wasn't hurting, I forgot all about it in the crazy busy week we had last week. Last night I noticed it was still there and quite irritated from rubbing against my jeans all week (grr). Of course, being the idiot that I am, I did a little poking&proding at it. Turns out, it wasn't a pimple like I thought but an ingrown hair that had become infected x_x (ugh) so now I have (basically) a boil on my leg that hurts :( I spoke to my mother about it and checked it out online; all I can really do is put hot compresses on it and keep it clean and covered with gauze to minimize friction, wait for it to go away. Apparently "poking&proding" is the worst thing to do as it just makes it worse. Bummer. I just had to mess with it. Fail.

And now that I've filled you in on our week and completely grossed you out by sharing things I'm sure you don't need to or want to know about :) LOL. The good stuff...

I was sitting on the couch with Joshua this evening just after Erik got home (he was in the bathroom), and since it has been so nice out today (65 deg) I had the window open to let in some fresh air. I hear its "CERASHHH" from the front of the house. Beautiful. Destruction. A car accident :) Lmao.

Finally, now that I've expressed my pleasure in car accidents (as long as no-one I care about got hurt) and you are all well aware of how delightfully twisted of an individual I am (as if you don't already now..) I bid you adieu.

Unfortunatly though it's getting late (nearly 12am) and I'm tired. I've been up since 7am.

2 comments:

  1. Fyi - you had a sebaceous cyst. I get them all the time, horribly uncomfortable, gross, and all from ingrown hair. Soak and hot compress next time ;-)

    Bring that baby up for a visit already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it was, it took quite a while to go away & now I have a little purple/blue circular scar to add to my collection.

    LoL at the moment we are all (unfortunatly) sick.
    But; you mean bring him to Cardozo?

    ReplyDelete