Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MOVING

Thursday Erik told me "there is a moving van outside, start packing" and told me about 2 weeks.

Friday he told me how disgusting those people were; Karen spent her time cleaning up their mess!

Saturday Mom, Mimi & I had a girls day out (with Joshua of course) we went shopping in the morning, had a quick lunch on the go and then spent the afternoon at a local flee-market. I found the perfect ring :)! It's sterling silver with a really beautiful pearl. I really wanted something just like this; as pearl is Joshua's birth stone. Yay. I went home to feed Joshua and they went to Hagen-Daz. When Erik came over he told me "Oh Dave is holding off on the re-doing the bathroom, we're just going to fix what we need to for right now and do it next spring." Okay cool.
I cooked dinner and baked a huge tray of brownies for him :) I made a Moroccan dish called a Tangine, it's kind of like a Chicken Stew but totally awesome with all the veggies and seasonings I put in and over couscous it rocked my taste-buds. The brownies also came out nearly perfect ^_^ Dad watched Joshua for a while so Erik & I could go spend some time alone in the truck (about 15/20min). He tells me "Seriously start packing, 1 week".

Sunday we went to visit my grandparents in the morning x_x'' that was fun.. In the afternoon Joshua & I drove out to Massapequa to see the apartment for the first time. Let me just say that Karen is AMAZING; she showed me video on her phone of how disgusting the previous tenants left the apartment, compared to how clean it looks now she works MAGIC. They rented a Professional Steam-Carpet-Cleaner and replaced all the blinds, fixed up the tiles in the bathroom, re-painted the windowsills and basically scrubbed the whole place. THANK YOU DAVE & KAREN!!!! We hung out for a while then went over to Vicky's and had dinner which was DELICIOUS (Corned Beef). THANK YOU VICKY!

Monday Erik stopped by during work on his way back from NJ and we called Verizon to get the internet set up in the apartment (they are coming on Wed). Then Dad, Joshua & I braved the outdoors singing "Rain Rain Go Away" while trying to keep Joshua dry and avoid stepping in huge puddles; the 177th Street River flows yet again, LoL! We went to QCSB on Main St where the bank did something mind-bogglingly stupid and pissed me off... so now I have to go close my account there and take all my $ because I can't trust them anymore... just have to find the time. Next we went to BJ's in College Point and I picked up a few things for the Apartment. I did a little packing mostly dishes and things and braved the rain again, driving out to Massapequa. Dave & Erik spent 2 hours fixing the bath-tub faucets, then we did a little un-packing and had a quick and very un-healthy (21 Point) dinner at BK. I headed back to Queens around 11pm, nursed and put Joshua to bed and then passed out cold lol.

Today well.. I spent most of the morning dealing with Mr.Cranky-Pants, amidst Instant Oatmeal breakfasts (yep.. it's chilly enough for Oatmeal YAY). Now I hopped on the internet to relax a little over my Yogurt. Now since he's napping I'm going to run around like a chicken with no head packing :) Mom & I have WW tonight @ 5pm, OUR scale says I lost 4lbs, I'm hoping their scale agrees!!

Apparently Joshua has a milk allergy (yuck), when he had 1 oz of milk-formula he had hysterics and horrible gas, tummy aches and cried for about 3 1/2 hours, took a nap, woke up and threw up :\ I also noticed a little bit of rash around his mouth the same day but it and the reaction were over by the next morning (wheph!).
On the other hand he's doing very well with the rice cereal (he's been on it about 8 or 9 days now) so I'm going to start him on Barley in the morning and switch Rice to evenings.

Apologies to all if I don't post much or get online much to chat or do anything else, my priority at the moment is moving :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment