Saturday, September 25, 2010

Milestones.. THREE MONTHS

Happy 1/4 of a year to Joshua! He turned 3 months old this past Monday (9/20)!!

A few Developmental Updates on Joshua:
He's a supported sitter; he sits well but still needs some support.
He can bear most of his weight on his legs (standing) for short periods of time.
He plays peek-a-boo.
Enjoys reading books.
He started (finally) nursing every 2 - 2 1/2 hrs instead of every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs.
He also finally started STTN (Sleeping Through The Night), most nights anyway. I usually get between 6 - 9 hours :).
On the downside? He never naps during the day which means a very cranky little boy!
He's teething. In love with the teething rings!
He's had little tastes of food: plain rice, plain pasta, apple, banana, and (on 9/22 with Daddy) he had and loved a little blueberry.
He says "ah-mah" for mommy, "ahwihc" for daddy (lol!), and "bahh-boo" for his toy (Mr. Bubbles).
He is now wearing the next size (6 mo).
We are taking him upstate for the first time today (9/25)!! He will finally get to meet his Uncle Rob (and maybe, depending on Erik's mood his Aunt Robin).
He likes to watch TV; his favorite show so far is PBS' "The Cat In The Hat Knows a Lot About That".
He loves music; especially classic rock (WBAB) and classical music (Baby Einstein).
He can roll over BOTH ways.
He creeps (step before crawling).
Started noticing small objects (raisin sized).
He tries to touch, feel, and put in his mouth everything and anything he can get his hands on; especially things with bright colors or patterns.

Updates on Me:
I think I've realized what my problem is lately. Many of you probably know that I am Bi-Polar. I was diagnosed when I was 18 after years of hiding misery behind smiles and pretending I could sleep at night. I was so lucky to have a very good pregnancy (aside from the aches and pains and the last month which must be horrible for everyone lol). I was a very happy person (for the most part) while I was pregnant. I was checked by a Psychiatry panel in the hospital and they OKed me that I did not seem likely to have PPD. The first 2 months of Joshua's life I was the same; happy. Suddenly in the 3rd month I have returned to my prior emotional state; disturbed. I'm just not used to it anymore I guess. They say that knowing the problem is half the battle. Many of you also know that I am very "Anti-Medication" for myself. This is still the case. Now the struggle is to keep myself balanced. The thing is; I'm so afraid of being a bad mommy or a crazy mommy. If I can't stay balanced it will be unhealthy for Joshua :\
Wish me luck.

When I got pregnant I weighed 166lbs. At the end of my pregnancy I was 210lbs! Now I am 180lbs. I need to get on my weight-loss and loose this baby-belly! Mom is re-joining Weight Watchers next week, I'm going with her!

Still expecting to move the beginning of October. Fingers crossed!!


The Past Week:
Sunday Mom taught me how to make her Veal Stew (and I tweaked it) so now I know how to make a really yummy stew! :) Yay me.
We had lunch with Erik on Wednesday :)
Yesterday Mom & I did a little shopping (only a very little). We stopped at Carters and Old Navy. Watched a car accident (Ford truck v.s. Honda civic who do you think won?? Lmao).
We switched Joshua to Soy formula, his tummy problems have improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment