Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keeping me busy

Photobucket

I miss having the luxury of sitting around on the computer all day, of taking long showers & baths, of sitting down and enjoying a meal slowly, of being able to drop everything and go out with friends on a moment's notice... I don't think I ever realized how much you give up by becoming a Mom! At the same time you gain SO MUCH.. I'd never for a second consider trading cuddles with my little man for a night of beer and cigarettes, or swapping out nice slow walks with my son sleeping peacefully in his stroller for wild drives at 3am in a car packed with teenagers hell pent on destruction. I love this little person we created more than life itself, and while I feel frustrated and sad that I've given up the life I'm used to having, I'd never go back or change it for the world. Head held high, look toward the future not the past.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Joshua has sure been keeping me busy! He can roll from his back onto his side with ease now and is trying hard to learn to roll the rest of the way to his belly but hasn't quite got it yet. He's loving his tummy time now and taking walks with his Grandma & me. Each day we give him a bath he minds it less and less; last night he only cried when his head got wet! He doesn't even fight when I give him his vitamins, I actually think he likes how they taste because he keeps licking his lips after haha!

Photobucket

His newest thing is if you let him grab your fingers and gently pull he will pull himself into a sitting position; he needs a little support on his back to stay sitting for long though, and while he can hold his head up while sitting not for very long.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Erik came by yesterday for a few hours; it was really nice to see him and he had another staring contest with Joshua. He was an angel last night and I didn't even need to wake my mom at all, I was fine all by myself. Now he's napping so I finally got onto the 'puter!! Tomorrow I have Doctors at 1pm yet again, and then Erik is coming over and spending the night :) YAY!!!

The only downer at the moment is that we are still patiently waiting on the apartment :( so I'm still at my parents *sigh*. But even this has a benefit; my parents are going away for their anniversary the first week in August so I'll be alone but not totally alone as my helpers (sisters) will be here, and I'm thinking of asking Erik to spend at least one night here to help me out.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment