Sunday, October 30, 2011

Delinquent Poster

Sheesh life has been busy. I have been a most delinquent poster.
Since my last post life has shifted and changed (more than once).
Just before Joshua turned 1 went back to school, I stopped breastfeeding & quit being a stay @ home mommy... Next thing I knew I had started down a path marked "career" and was juggling baby/school/ and 2 jobs.
Since then I have fallen in love with that new path and am pursuing it with gusto (the A+ average from Nassau Boces, and a 96% on the national exam earned me my National Certificate as a CMA), which has now led me to (finally) college. I started NCC in September, and plan on doing nursing (RN). Unfortunatly my 1st job as an MA did not work out but the experience landed me with my 2nd job as an MA at a Colo-rectal surgical practice and I am loving every moment of hard work as it's worth it's weight in gold just for the learning experience.

Times have been hard for us as a family, financially we are really struggling, but I think it has taught us that we can manage and that we can do amazing things with very little. Money is not happiness after all. And we have been doing a good job of keeping Joshua in the dark on it. I never want him to need or want for anything (within reason). He should never have to think "mommy doesn't have money today". He should be a happy innocent child for as long as he rite-fully can stay that way.

Joshua is now 16months old, he is doing terrific on all fronts, talking well, not just walking but running, enough teeth to HURT when he bites (yes.. he has temper tantrums.. I'm not proud of that but we are working on it). He does great at daycare and while he still is not a very good sleeper he has improved a bit.

But the biggest news (to me) the news I am most excited about really doesn't have much to do with any of the above.. In September Erik & I became engaged and are now diligently planning our wedding for October 2012.
So now our little family is off on a new adventure; laden with planning, tulle, flowers and cake.
Non if that being the truly important part:
Soon enough our happy little family will all share one last name, and to me that is ecstasy.

A date has been chosen,
a ceremony location picked out, and we are anxiously awaiting February for the official permit.
My dress is chosen, tried on and paid for in full, awaiting the stress of alterations to come in the summer.
We have chosen each others rings, which are now paid for, and have arrived, hiding away for the highly anticipated day to come.


I will try to be a more diligent poster in the days to come.
In regards to Little-Man and The Big Day ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment